Monday, May 16, 2011

22 Week Bumpdate

So this update will be a little different from the rest. I'm tried of answering the same questions, at least for this week. I feel the need to break it up a little.

Update on Baby
  • Addison kicks a lot more often and I watch her make my belly dance on a daily basis now. She's always awake and crazy around in the evening. I also feel her a lot throughout the night and first thing in the morning. You know, when I already have to urgently pee and she's kicking my bladder! And I can make her move now by lightly nudging my belly :)
  • She is approximately the size of a papaya, around 11 inches long and almost a whole pound! Yay! Her little face is fully formed, her taste buds are forming, and she now has regular sleep cycles!
  • Like her momma, she clearly does not like the dentist office. She literally kicked from the time I walked in the door to the time I left the chair! It's one of the longest periods of time I have felt constant movement! 
Baby, fetus at 22 weeks - BabyCenter

Oh, and here is her nursery theme!
When I became pregnant I immediately had a love for giraffes. I saw this bedding online and liked it but I thought it may be too 'zebra-ish' and wild. Then I saw it in store and knew it was the perfect set. It looks a lot 'calmer' in person, I love it! This past weekend we put the primer paint coat on the walls and next weekend we will be painting! The bottom half will be a light tan and the top will be light pink. I also have a decoration or two in mind, I can't wait to put it all together!

Update on Momma


22 weeks 1
  • My emotions are at an all time high, just ask my husband (he will also note that I'm "losing my mind")...and I will agree, somewhat. I realize when I'm crying over spilled milk or I am frustrated over nothing, but I just can't help it...my emotions poor out. I'm starting to understand why pregnant woman are stereotyped!
  • I still take a half pill of nausea medicine every night. If I miss a night I'm doomed in the morning. 
  • My "inny" belly button is now nearly flush with my tummy. (Yea, I'm definitely going to have an "outtie" soon). And so it was time...I took my belly button ring out. Sigh. I guess I have some sort of attachment to it since I've had it for ten years. I look strange without it, but oh well, I'm more comfortable now! I'm planning on putting it back in afterwards...we'll see how that goes. 
  • My belly itches a lot. And even though I know there's nothing proven to prevent stretch marks I lather on that cocoa butter formula every day. So far, so good!
  • I'm starting to actually feel pregnant, as my bump grows and as I feel Addison move more. Though there are times I still don't believe I'm actually pregnant, that there is actually a little girl...our little girl...growing inside me. It's surreal. It's exciting. And it's a little scary. But more than anything it's amazing. I can't wait to see her sweet little face, give her a million kisses, and snuggle her to sleep. But for now I'm content knowing she's safe in there, growing big, and with me every day. 

Here is my sister and I on Sunday! She is having her baby girl THIS Thursday!! I am so excited to meet my newest niece!
22 weeks and 37 weeks

14 comments:

Mandy@ a sorta fairytale said...

So cute!! I remember all of those symptoms! It's crazy when you actually start to FEEL pregnant... it all becomes so much more real. :)

Anne U @ hot coffee mama said...

You two look so cute, and love the giraffe theme and colors, so pretty.

Unknown said...

Adorable!! That's a great photo of you two! :)

Jordan said...

Hi! I'm a new follower, and your blog is super cute! You're prego belly is precious and I love the nursery! I love the modern-ish jungle theme!

The Barker's said...

You look great!!!! Glad all is going well! I think all the kicking was from your nerves at the dentist! I swear, every time I went for our check-up and was nervous, she would kick non stop! They probably hear your heart fluttering more!

m&msmommy said...

That picture of you and your sister is PRECIOUS! :) My sister and I had our children 4 months apart. It was a very neat experience. YOu look adorable! :)

x S.K.K x said...

I loved this post Jes! love hearing all the new stages and more personal note from you! You are looking fabulous and the nursery theme looks amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

The bedding looks awesome! I love giraffes!

Allie said...

I absolutely adore giraffes so you have the cutest nursery theme ever! And you and your sister both look so pretty! Congratulations to her too (:

Jamie Leigh said...

That is so fun you and your sister are pregnant together! What a cute picture of you two! And I love that bedding, the nursery will be adorable :)

SAMANTHA said...

the pic of you and jamie ADORABLE !!!

Anonymous said...

Love that bedding. So awesome that you and your sister will have girls close in age. Adorable photos! You both look great!

Natalie said...

I just found your blog through another blog and I'm so glad I did! I am due just a few days after you (Sept 24) with a baby girl too! How fun to be pregnant with your sister-you guys are adorable!
And I know how you feel with the giraffe obsession...I have it with elephants : )

The Best of Both Worlds said...

Sounds like a very active little girl!

I love the bedding. Giraffes are going to be cute! I really liked them while pregnant too!

You look amazing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails