Update on Baby
- Addison kicks a lot more often and I watch her make my belly dance on a daily basis now. She's always awake and crazy around in the evening. I also feel her a lot throughout the night and first thing in the morning. You know, when I already have to urgently pee and she's kicking my bladder! And I can make her move now by lightly nudging my belly :)
- She is approximately the size of a papaya, around 11 inches long and almost a whole pound! Yay! Her little face is fully formed, her taste buds are forming, and she now has regular sleep cycles!
- Like her momma, she clearly does not like the dentist office. She literally kicked from the time I walked in the door to the time I left the chair! It's one of the longest periods of time I have felt constant movement!
Oh, and here is her nursery theme!
When I became pregnant I immediately had a love for giraffes. I saw this bedding online and liked it but I thought it may be too 'zebra-ish' and wild. Then I saw it in store and knew it was the perfect set. It looks a lot 'calmer' in person, I love it! This past weekend we put the primer paint coat on the walls and next weekend we will be painting! The bottom half will be a light tan and the top will be light pink. I also have a decoration or two in mind, I can't wait to put it all together!
Update on Momma
- My emotions are at an all time high, just ask my husband (he will also note that I'm "losing my mind")...and I will agree, somewhat. I realize when I'm crying over spilled milk or I am frustrated over nothing, but I just can't help it...my emotions poor out. I'm starting to understand why pregnant woman are stereotyped!
- I still take a half pill of nausea medicine every night. If I miss a night I'm doomed in the morning.
- My "inny" belly button is now nearly flush with my tummy. (Yea, I'm definitely going to have an "outtie" soon). And so it was time...I took my belly button ring out. Sigh. I guess I have some sort of attachment to it since I've had it for ten years. I look strange without it, but oh well, I'm more comfortable now! I'm planning on putting it back in afterwards...we'll see how that goes.
- My belly itches a lot. And even though I know there's nothing proven to prevent stretch marks I lather on that cocoa butter formula every day. So far, so good!
- I'm starting to actually feel pregnant, as my bump grows and as I feel Addison move more. Though there are times I still don't believe I'm actually pregnant, that there is actually a little girl...our little girl...growing inside me. It's surreal. It's exciting. And it's a little scary. But more than anything it's amazing. I can't wait to see her sweet little face, give her a million kisses, and snuggle her to sleep. But for now I'm content knowing she's safe in there, growing big, and with me every day.
Here is my sister and I on Sunday! She is having her baby girl THIS Thursday!! I am so excited to meet my newest niece!