We've had some rough times lately. She's been in the hospital twice within the month with fevers. The most recent time was really rough. It was the night of the big storm. Hubby was in Las Vegas celebrating a bachelor party. Addison was asleep, she went to bed with a 100+ fever (medicated). I was about to head to sleep around 11pm and the power went off. I waited called my parents whose power also went out. I was worried that it would get too hot for her since she already had a fever. The storm winds were crazy so I sat in her rocking chair for 30-40 minutes listening to her sleep restlessly. I knew she wasn't feeling well. My dad called and said they got their generator running. So I decided it was best to pack her up and spend the night with my parents. My parents are only five minutes away. With the flash light I threw her bag together and got her out of bed, she had already woken up by this point. It was pitch black outside with thick fog and debris everywhere. I decided not to take the back road in case of fallen trees. I was about to turn in their neighborhood when I was stopped by a tree across the entire road. Needless to say I had to turn around and go the other way. We made it there and I immediately took her temp, she felt so hot. She was at 101-102. We stayed in the spare bedroom which had a crib and I attempted to sleep on the floor next to her. But we never slept. I gave her ibuprofen but couldn't get her temperature down under 102. I woke up my sister for Tylenol around 2am. I stripped her down and put a cool rag on her head and neck. Still I couldn't get it to go down all night. The only sleep we got was around 5:30-6:30am. She cuddled up next to me on the floor. When we woke up I again took her temperature and it was over 105. It was the hottest I've ever felt her. It was scary. I woke up my mom and we decided to put her in a cool bath. This got her temp down to 103 after about 30 minutes. I called the doctor and he wanted me to take her to the hospital. A bunch of tests and 3 pokes/blood draws later- it's a virus. We can't seem to kick the sickness around here! I mean come on, it's summer! I'm so glad that these fevers aren't anything very serious but I hate how high of temps she spikes, and I hate that it's very hard to get them to come down. It's just too scary not knowing what's going on. Hoping and praying we get through the rest of the year staying out of the hospital!
On to the fun stuff..
- She crawls fast, pulls up on everything, and walks along the ottoman and couch.
- Her sleep patterns vary, still. Lately it's gotten better but I can't say much more about that because it always changes. Some nights are just better than others. Waking up only once a night to eat around 3-4am (and no cries at any other time) is like Heaven to us. And, knock on wood, it's becoming more of the norm!
- She has SIX teeth, four on top, two on bottom!
- She loves herself. She's a little obsessed and gets crazy when she see's herself in the mirror or in pictures.
- Addison has a "I know I'm being bad" excited noise. Like when she realizes the dog bowls have been left in reaching distance, or when she's heading for the brick fireplace where she knows she's not supposed to be, she giggles to herself. It's pretty cute and if I'm not looking I know she's about to get into something!
- I love love love going into her room in the morning, watching her light up and wiggle fast because she so excited to see me :) I start off everyday with a smile because of it. And when I pick her up from daycare she squeals in delight, stares at me very closely, pats my back, and touches my face. It's such a sweet reminder of why I love being a mommy so much.
- I've started planning more of her first birthday. I seriously can't believe I will be sending out the invitations soon! I need to work on the details, the days are flying by. There's a lot of my list. I don't know how I'll get it all done!!
Favorite finger foods:
- Yogurt bites
- Da Da
- Buh Bye
- Babies (though it doesn't sound quite like it- I know what she's saying!)
- She tries to repeat a lot of what I say, she's very determined- I think she will be picking up a lot more soon!
Favorite things to do:
- Take baths
- Climb up on the tv stand and fireplace
- Brush her teeth
Recent Instagram Favorites! @jeskapug