Saturday, July 31, 2010

A Basic Meal



Another food blog! Trust me though- there won't be many. I just thought I'd share our dinner tonight because it was cheap, easy, and somewhat good for you! No recipe, nothing fancy. But since I appreciate simple fixing ideas for dinner, maybe someone else does too! So here is is...



Salmon $7 with mashed potatoes $1, squash &  zucchini .60 cents/each. 
Total cost for two people: $10 (with marinade added in). 
Total Cook Time: 15 minutes (after marinated)




Okay so the mashed potatoes were from a packet, not good for you, but easy. Veges- cut up and toss into butter or EVOO coated skillet for 5 minutes on high, sprinkle on s&p & herbs, then cook on simmer for 10 minutes, covered. Salmon- marinate in Lawry's Sesame Ginger for 30 minutes in fridge then throw on George Foreman for 5 minutes.

Ta-Da! It was delicious!

1 comment:

The Best of Both Worlds said...

I should try this for Jon. I don't eat fish but I know he would love it. & Squash and Zucchini are our favorite!

Related Posts with Thumbnails