What I've learned about newborn sessions...
- They are MUCH harder than they appear! You really have to be patient and work on their terms.
- Make sure they are fully asleep before beginning to pose them (which is a skill all in itself!)
- You must have good light or skin tones will be a lot harder to post process.
- They are little mess makers! Be prepared with mattress covers under blankets and keep burp cloths in hands distance.
- Keep the room very warm.
- Have a plan with realistic expectations.
- Don't forget the little details.. fingers, toes, lips, etc.