Thursday, December 15, 2011

good to WOW: Christmas shot

This is my first 'good to Wow' link up! The SOOC shot was pretty bad. I didn't think I managed to get any good ones after my short session with Addison this morning. Why is it always harder with your own kid? She didn't have much patience with me! But after just a little tweaking I think it came out pretty nice!

SOOC shot:
DSC_1103
bubbly tongue smile- seems to be her new thing :)

what I did...
opened in LR
adjusted WB, brightened it a bit +40 and added a little contrast +10, +20 fill light, and +3 saturation
cropped- I did not want herout of focus/blurry arm in the picture!
opened in PSE
cloned a couple bokeh lights to add more
ran Florida action  from Everyday Elements
sharpened her eyes just a touch using PW's action
used a high pass filter with overlay at 30% opacity
saved

my result:
B1

& here are two others I liked..
B2

this one was a quick attempt, baby girl was starting to get fussy :)
DSC_1114-2

I may try one more shoot before the Christmas lights are done and over with! momma still has some ideas up her sleeve ;)
Good to WOW

also linking up to:






and then, she {snapped}
Sweet Shot Day

13 comments:

Cedar said...

Very cute! Definitely a WOW edit!

Mira Crisp said...

The last one is adorable!

Unknown said...

She is so adorable! I love the edit on the first one!

Ashley Sisk said...

These are wonderful - I even like the one on her back. She's so cute!

Emily S said...

Great shots! What a cutie pie :)

Carolyn said...

She's so beautiful!! Great job on the edits!
Have a great weekend!

xoxocaress.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

those are the sweetest pictures!

www.littlebitofinthemiddle.blogspot.com

Jordan Marie @ hottlt.com said...

oh m gggg.. these are amazing.. you did a great job!!
i love the lights!!! and pretty baybe smiles!

<3xojo

josie @ letters to sophia said...

what a beautiful baby and pictures!

Mock-Turtle said...

Great idea! I'm definetely gonna give this a go with my little one before I put my Christmas lights away!
You have a gorgeous girl there!

jackspapermoon.blogspot.com

Breena said...

Very beautiful! Just lovely! And such a gorgeous little model :) Thanks so much for linking up at "life as this mommy knows it"!

Breena
mommyknowslife.blogspot.com

Tara said...

adorable! Your baby girl is so stinkin cute! :)

Breena said...

Your photo is featured on this week's "Look Whooooo's Snapping" photo linky party! Thanks so much for participating!

http://mommyknowslife.blogspot.com/2011/12/look-whooooos-snapping-8.html

Blessings and Happy Holidays,
Breena

Related Posts with Thumbnails