Things seem to be coming around to a new normal.
I guess I'm finally, slowly, adjusting to motherhood.
I still can't believe I'm a mommy to this little girl.
Who is fully dependent on me... and hubby.
But mostly me now that he has returned to work! After four weeks of all being together, we are missing him during the days.
What Addison is up to at 5 weeks...
- grunting! she is definitely one of those baby's that grunts all the time, even in her sleep sometimes! for no apparent reason. she also makes squeaky car noises :)
- she loves to eat. If she's awake she thinks she's hungry, so it's hard for me to decipher if she's really hungry or just fussy/sleepy at times. she eats about 3oz just about every two hours!
- at night she is still 90% sleeping in her bassinet. usually she's up at 1am, 3:30am, and 6:30am to eat. sometimes after the last nighttime feeding I will lay her in bed with us.
- loving her swing now! It's funny, she didn't seem to like it until I turned it to go the opposite way (up and back, not side to side!)
- smiling. it's not very often yet, but goodness when she smiles I melt into a million pieces.
- and growing! she's starting to get a little baby fat, and I'm noticing her newborn diapers are getting snug! I wonder her weight... maybe 7 1/2 - 8lbs now! she's definitely taking up more room in my arms :)
What is Addison's Mommy up to...
- PJ's. Yea, I'm in them all day long, except for the days I do venture out (to take pictures, or stop in work)
- still yearning for more sleep!
- in desperate need of a hair cut (and mommy time)...appointment made for this weekend, whew!
- missing quality time with hubby, a little selfish of me since it's only been 5 weeks, but true
- TV.. why is there nothing good ever on?! The only shows during the day I like watching are Ellen, A Baby Story, and House Hunters. I can't believe all those soaps are still on! Maybe I need to search a little more. At nights...Up All Night is a fav, The New Girl, and of course The Office. That's about it. Terra Nova seems to be okay so far.
- Booking photography sessions! I have quite a few in the next two months. I'm ecstatic! But still trying to figure out juggling a new baby, going back to work, taking photos, and finding time to edit them!
Welp that sums us up right now. Oh, and now that Fall weather is coming I'm looking forward to baby firsts holidays!!
My Holistic Beauty Routine
1 day ago