Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother's Day

My Mother's Day...

Hubby got Addison out of her crib in the morning, while I stayed in bed... probably a first (he works late so I'll give him that!) They went out for 18 mile drive and 30 minute wait with a wiggly toddler, just to get me a Starbucks latte. White mocha, of course. I enjoyed the quiet. But I have to admit I was sad not being the one to go in her room to her smiley "Hi Mommy!" and I missed her a ton while they were gone. I guess I'm just used to being with her in the morning. It was kinda boring, but I relaxed  none-the-less until I was restless and had to get up.

We tinkered around the house until it was nap time. Hubby went out to grocery shop and I napped (gasp!) while Addison did. Never, ever will you find me napping. But I gave myself the day to completely relax. It was amazing. To feel like I didn't HAVE to do ANYTHING.
When I woke I realized it was time to go to Hubby's parents and Addison was still asleep. We went to his parents and had all sorts of great food and desert. We played outside with the kids with the perfect weather. And then we stopped by my moms to give her a little gift. Once home, Addison went straight to bed and Hubby & I caught up on the DVR.

All uneventful, really. But just what I needed.

I truly love being a mother, and believe there is no greater gift in the world.

Hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Addison May 2013

1 comment:

HickChickBritt said...

I took a nap on Sunday while Hayes did too! Seems to be a common thing on mothers day. I could not even tell you the last time I took a nap! haha

Related Posts with Thumbnails