Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Telling Husband!

I never planned how I would tell my husband if I were to get pregnant. I didn't want to get too far ahead of myself.  Almost as if I would jinx myself.  So as I sat at work that day (very long day) I schemed up how I would give him the news.  I decided I would wrap up the positive test in a huge box wrapped with Christmas paper and say “Your last Christmas present finally came in” since it was only a week and a half past Christmas. He wouldn't be expecting it; he did not know I would be testing and so early. So that's what I did!

Jan4th (7)

Jan4th (9)
Sorry if you're tired of seeing my pee stick. :)

I left it on the living room floor. He came home from work extra late that night and it was killing me not to shout it out when he walked in.  But I played it smooth.  He walked by the wrapped gift and said “what's this?” and I gave him the line “your last Christmas present finally came in”.  He didn't open it right away- he proceeded to unpack from work and get his dinner out. Seriously? Couldn't he just rip it open already?!  Even though I was so excited, I was also so ready for bed (one of my earliest and worst symptoms- exhaustion) so I  asked if he wanted to open his present.  He said yes, pondered around another minute, and finally started unwrapping.  My heart started racing.  He opened the big box and picked through the tons of green and red tissue paper inside and then... “WOW! … you're pregnant?!” I looked into his eyes, wide open with excited, and exclaimed “YES!  …You're going to be a Daddy!”  We hugged and kissed then talked for hours about anything and everything pregnancy and baby related before I fell asleep. It was such a great day, and such a perfect moment.  I'll never forget any of it.

Up Next: First Appointment!

I would like to say a big THANK YOU to all of you who left congratulatory comments and kind words! You're all awesome!!

20 comments:

Swindy's Stories said...

That is such a great idea!! Congrats to you both!!

Cindy P said...

What an awesome way to tell him! And congratulations! It's so exciting!!

Sam W. said...

so, so sweet!! congrats :)

Elizabeth said...

Awwww! What a perfect way to tell him! Congrats again!

Ashley Sisk said...

That's so awesome! We're not even trying but I love how you told him. I'll have to remember that.

Brooke T said...

oh my gosh that's the best idea i've ever heard! SO CUTE!

Mrs. Werginz said...

Very cute! Of course he unpacked and took his time...haha!

Mandy@ a sorta fairytale said...

How fun!!! I remember how I told my Husband, and it's one of my fondest memories!! You two are in for quite a ride, but an amazing one!!! I can't wait to follow along as you experience this journey!

Kirst said...

I just about cried at how cute it was how you told him <3 I'm so happy for you guys!!

Ashley Cody said...

That is probably one of the cutest ways I have heard of someone telling their hubby!! Congrats again, I am so excited for you!!

Amy @ AGirlCalledBeloved said...

Aww! That is so sweet! What a great surprise!

Anonymous said...

how awesome! Both times he knew I was testing ha ha! If we have another I would love to do something like this. So sweet!

Diana Smith said...

What a great idea!! I think I will do something like this next time around haha

Stephanie Thigpen said...

How adorable!! Congrats, girl!

Laura said...

That's adorable! I'm SO excited for you guys!

Ashley said...

I had a feeling you were preggo when you went missing after Christmas! ;) This is such a cute story! You can show us your pee stick as much as you want. :) XO

Amy said...

Congrats!!! How exciting :-D

Unknown said...

I'm loving these posts!! hehe :)

Stephanie said...

Oh so cute! New follow- just reading through some of your old posts! I had the same pee stick (is it weird to tell you that?), we had been trying for two years so I wanted it to be really exciting, but by the time hubby saw the stick the digital words had shut off- stupid digital tests! haha, glad that didn't happen to you!

Stephanie

Kat said...

I'm always so jealous of people who are patient! I called mine from the DD bathroom where I impatiently peed on a stick! lol

Related Posts with Thumbnails