Friday, August 5, 2011

Questions Answered

My answers to my last 'ask me' post!


Mandy from a sorta fairytale asked: Why did you pick the name Addison?
No real reason,  I really liked Adelynn, but hubby didn't. We both loved Emily...her name was real close to being that! But it is just TOO common right now. So after searching through a tons of baby name books and websites we decided Addison was the perfect fit for us! There wasn't a second thought about it after we both agreed!

Anne from Hot Coffee Mama asked: How long did it take to get pregnant?
Roughly six months of actively trying. Not a terribly long amount of time, but long enough for me to start wondering if something was wrong. Anybody trying to conceive knows how dreadful this time can be! If you are trying hang in there. I was starting to swear it would never happen, then boom out of the blue came one of the best days of my life!

Erika from Musings from a SAHM asked: When did I start blogging and why?
I started blogging July 2010. I've always been a big picture taker and scrapbooker. I had fallen out of scrap-booking though because of the costs to buy paper, stickers, books, etc. Plus it took a lot of time to perfect my pages! So I decided blogging would be a great spot to keep memories and photos in order. It will be nice to be able to look back on past years and see where I was at in life.

And Lauren from Lauren's Life Song asked: Any photography tips for a newbie?
Soon after I began blogging my love for photography flourished and there hasn't been any turning back. I'm addicted to learning and improving. There are so many talented photographers out there willing to share their tips, and I'm funneling in as much as possible. Being still a newbie myself I have a lot to learn. But I have plenty of advice to give already! To me, these have been the most important to remember:


Find the right light. Lighting is one of THE most important aspects in photography. Too much sun causes harsh shadows and blown out spots in your photos. Not enough and you can find your photos blurry or underexposed. -Don't be afraid of highering your ISO when light is low! You will have more grain if you try to lighten the photo afterwards.

Manual. Make it your best friend and practice, practice, practice! It takes time to get used to making sure all the settings are proper but the best photos will come from manual mode! Learn about aperture, ISO, metering, and shutter speed!

Steady! Try to keep as steady as possible when shooting. It can make a big difference!

Angle. Change it up, don't always shoot straight on a subject. Make it fun!

Hope these tips help a little!


DSC_1103c

Thanks for your questions!


Couple photos from some recent shoots coming up soon! And just a few days until my first giveaway!!


6 comments:

Yvonne said...

Love the name you chose& also love that photo :)

Leslie Taylor said...

Love your photo!!! Beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photo. Great tips.

Anne U @ hot coffee mama said...

Thanks for answering my question, we've been trying for awhile now, hope it happens for us soon too.

Tara said...

Love this capture, so so pretty! Great tips too!

Whitney Backhaus said...

I just wanted to say that I adore your blog! :) I am very new to this blogging world and love reading awesome blogs like yours! I just happened to come across it this morning and am in love!

Check out my blog @ http://buriedtreasureandsimplepleasures.blogspot.com/

Related Posts with Thumbnails