Saturday, September 11, 2010

Remembering 9/11

I was sitting in 10th grade history class. I had not a clue what was going on. Even when they turned the television on and we saw the second plane hit the twin towers. Yes, I had read about terrorism, I knew what it was, but I still couldn't comprehend what was actually happening. It looked like a movie. I'll never forget. Shock and stillness of our entire high school. Teachers and students panicking when the Pentagon was hit. Worrying for those that worked or lived in the vicinity- parents, relatives, friends. Grabbing their cell phones and making phone calls. Worrying what would happen next. 
Terror.
Nine years later and it still feels like just yesterday. 

We visited Ground Zero last weekend during our trip to New York.
I hope to return one day to see the official 9/11 Memorial Museum.



In memory of those we lost on that dreadful day and those who still mourn for their loved ones.

God Bless America

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I LOVE this post! And I especially love the heartfelt pictures!

Related Posts with Thumbnails