Wednesday, August 4, 2010

August

August is always an open book for us, surprisingly for a summer month it's pretty uneventful. So while we have the extra time I've decided to tackle a few 'back burner' items. I'm finally getting my car's bumper fixed, which was hit last December. It was a hit and run right outside my work window. I saw the whole thing. The guy was turning around in our parking lot, in reverse he slammed right into my car, literally lifting my car up. We have cameras and went back to try and get the license plate number, but go figure the camera had condensation that morning, so the number was blurry! It's a deductible out of my pocket that I've been putting off! However, we're looking to get a new vehicle soon so I need to get it done. 

We've also been working on getting our roof, siding, and shutters repaired from the hail storm. Good news is our insurance company came out and is approving all of it, no cost to us! So we'll have a whole new outside! I actually wasn't even going to call because I thought it wasn't that much damage, so glad I did. That's a lot of money we're saving, and good for resale. The makeover should happen in approx. 2 weeks! 

Also, we have been planning a mini vacation for some time in the next couple months. Hopefully we will get that booked soon! And finally, Hubby was lucky enough to get a new shift for the next five weeks where he will be home for week-day dinners! This has never happened in the three years we've been in our house, or even before then for that matter. So I've been really trying to UP my cooking; Looking at new ideas and trying out different ingredients. I'm most excited I won't have to put his portion in a Tupperware, and we can eat together! It's the little things that make me happy! :)

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I can't believe (well, I take that back...actually, I CAN) that that guy just hit your car and took off! That's good you don't have to pay to get your roof, siding, and shutters repaired. It's perfect timing to get it done too - right before winter!

Btw, love your new layout :) And I enjoyed looking back at you & your hubs pics! It's amazing how long you two have been together. Ya'll pretty much grew up together! Such the love story ;)

Jeska said...

I know, I was shocked seeing them ram my car and skirt out, but then again I really wasn't. Sad.

Thanks! I'm getting the hang of it, little by little!

Related Posts with Thumbnails