Thursday, August 19, 2010

My Roxy Girl

The greatest online gift I could have ever picked out

Roxy.

Yes, online. She's actually a Texan girl.
She flew half way across the country to me.
I'll never fly another dog, I feel cruel because of that.
(What was I thinking?)

We had just moved into our first home.
It felt empty.
I really wasn't used to a silent house; nor a house without dogs.

A companion for when Hub worked nights- my first objective.
I came home from a college final...getting ready to head out for another.
I browsed the internet. Shelters, Pet-Finder, random web sites.
I didn't really know what I wanted.

THEN I saw this cute little picture.
And just couldn't resist. 
Yorkie mom, long-haired Chihuahua dad.


I called Hub (boyfriend at the time)
 He said no. ..typical man ;) 
He saw her picture.
By the time we went to bed he was asking,
"what should we name her?"

Roxy came to us just in time for Christmas, 2007
and has been spoiled ever since.
She was 13 weeks old and 3lbs big.

Is she adorable or what?!



laying on her daddy's lap








momma's sidekick
sweetest snuggler
spoiled rotton
little love.
That's my Roxy girl.







adore my bebe.

4 comments:

Ms. J said...

So cute :)

The Best of Both Worlds said...

This is so sweet!

Jessica @ Life's Good Be Happy said...

Let me just say...she is adorable! I currently have "i wanna dog" fever and this isn't helping :)

Kat said...

she is so adorable! I love the puppy photos.

Related Posts with Thumbnails